HIPSBC as a group empowers the individual practitioner to achieve and maintain excellence in hearing care
Whether you’re a student, registered practitioner or clinic owner, this site will help you in your practice. Check out members page here to find out about the many benefits HIPSBC can offer.
Join us! Become a member of HIPSBC and take advantage of all the benefits we provide!
To register online use : https://www.regonline.ca
Please note. The reg online is for full membership payments only. If you would like to take advantage of the 3 part payment option please print off and mail the form below to : Hearing Instrument Practitioners Society of BC (HIPSBC), 4489 Tyndall Avenue, Victoria BC, V8N 3S7
Click Below for the paper form:
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS 2017
CONFERENCES & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
Reduced rates to our sponsored symposiums and free courses to obtain continuing competency credits or advanced certifications. Included in 2017, is reduced rates for the Western Canadian Symposium being held at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre on March 26 – 29, 2017 in Vancouver and at the IHS Convention and Expo.
REPRESENTATION IN THE COLLEGE OF SPEECH & HEARING PROFESSIONALS OF BC
Amplify Your Voice: Fellow HIP Members represent you on the Board of your regulatory body, The College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC, which has over 1000 speech and hearing registrants. Members attend the meetings of the Committees of the College, such as: Registration, Examinations, Continuing Education, Education and Training, Service Delivery, Clinical Practices and Support Personnel. All of these, which directly affect your professional practice, your business, and your place in the hearing care field as HIPS. Your colleagues provide your views, and represent your interests on decisions that directly affect you in our increasingly complex and competitive environment.
We also represent you on the Board of the Canadian Hearing Instrument Practitioners Society (CHIPS) and the International Hearing Society (IHS), providing a BC voice nationally and internationally in our global community.
We advocate your professional interests with other members of the hearing healthcare community, audiology associations, medical associations, health authorities, provincial governments, the manufacturing community, the hard of hearing community; and, federal and provincial third party payers.
- Worksafe BC Liaison committee representation
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Online offerings at IHS, including a new store, members-only website resources, and online community
- The Hearing Professional Magazine – Published quarterly by IHS, features articles and information on new products and issues facing the industry, including the Canadian News section.
- The Canadian Hearing Report Journal – Published bimonthly by Andrew-John Publishing Inc., it offers articles pertaining to both Audiologists and HIPS.
- Website which keeps you up-to-date, informed and connected; we lobby and engage in legal services for issues affecting the profession; we advertise employment opportunities; we highlight courses and opportunities for professional development; we informally network and share resources with colleagues here in Canada, and around the world, making lasting business and personal relationships.