HIPSBC as a group empowers the individual practitioner to achieve and maintain excellence in hearing care
Whether you’re a student, registered practitioner or clinic owner, this site will help you in your practice. Check out members page here to find out about the many benefits HIPSBC can offer.
Renewal of your HIPSBC membership has been extended until January 31, 2018 to receive a CHIPS and IHS membership too! That’s 3 memberships for the price of one. Please use the Regonline link :www.regonline.ca/hipsbc2018
OPTIONAL 3-PART PAYMENT PLAN
We realize that membership has its cost. A triple membership in HIPSBC, CHIPS & IHS can be had by simply indication your wish to make 3 smaller payments on our Membership Application! Download the application form: hipsbc-2018-membership-application
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS 2017
CONFERENCES & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
Reduced rates to our sponsored symposiums and free courses to obtain continuing competency credits or advanced certifications. Included is reduced rates for the Western Canadian Symposium.
The next is going to be Banff Alberta from April 9-11, 2018
For more details about the 2018 WCS please contact CHAPA: http://www.chapa.ca/
THE COLLEGE OF SPEECH & HEARING PROFESSIONALS OF BC
Fellow HIPs represent the public on the Board of your regulatory body, the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC, which regulates over 1,700 speech and hearing registrants. Members participate on the College’s core committees , such as Inquiry, Quality Assurance, and Registration; as well as advisory committees such as the HIP Examination and Support Personnel Liaison Committees. All of these, directly affect your professional practice, your business, and your place in the hearing care field as HIPs. By helping the College fulfill its mandate to protect the public, your colleagues ensure that your profession maintains ethical and professional standards and, in doing so, the public’s trust.
We also represent you on the Board of the Canadian Hearing Instrument Practitioners Society (CHIPS) and the International Hearing Society (IHS), providing a BC voice nationally and internationally in our global community.
We advocate your professional interests with other members of the hearing healthcare community, audiology associations, medical associations, health authorities, provincial governments, the manufacturing community, the hard of hearing community; and, federal and provincial third party payers.
- Worksafe BC Liaison committee representation
- Veterans Affairs Canada
- Online offerings at IHS, including a new store, members-only website resources, and online community
- The Hearing Professional Magazine – Published quarterly by IHS, features articles and information on new products and issues facing the industry, including the Canadian News section.
- The Canadian Hearing Report Journal – Published bimonthly by Andrew-John Publishing Inc., it offers articles pertaining to both Audiologists and HIPS.
- Website which keeps you up-to-date, informed and connected; we lobby and engage in legal services for issues affecting the profession; we advertise employment opportunities; we highlight courses and opportunities for professional development; we informally network and share resources with colleagues here in Canada, and around the world, making lasting business and personal relationships.